CHERRIES POACHED IN MITRO WITH SHEEP'S MILK YOGHURT ICE CREAM
Giovanni brings several simple but flavour-packed dishes from his native Sardinia. This dish is cherries poached in Mirto with sheep’s milk yoghurt ice cream.
Ciliegie in Camicia al Mirto con Gelato allo Yogurt di Latte di Pecora
(Cherries Poached in Mirto with Sheep’s Milk Yoghurt Ice Cream)
- 500g cherries
- 1 cup castor sugar
- ¼ cup red mirto
- ½ cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- Sheep’s Milk Yoghurt Ice Cream, for serving
- Remove the stalks from the cherries.
- Combine sugar, mirto, water, cinnamon and bay leaf in a large saucepan.
- Stir over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Add cherries, cover and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool in the syrup.
- Divide cherries into serving bowls, drizzle with the syrup and top with a scoop of gelato.
Don't forget to share and enjoy with your loved ones!
You can discover and try other Snowgoose gourmet food and fruit recipes like our simple chocolate dipped cherries recipe.